Skip to main content

Thursday, March 26, 2020


Read Psalm 133.
“How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!” (vs.1). As  good and pleasant as it is for brothers and sisters in Christ to dwell together in  unity, the Church has been presented with what I believe is the greatest  opportunity the Church has ever seen in this generation: to dwell together without  physically being together. How does that happen? What does that look like?  How do we dwell together without physically being together? For starters, it means that we “do church” in ways that we’ve never done before.    

What do you think it looks like for the Church to dwell and live together in unity in  a time when the coronavirus is disrupting our lives?  

Comments

  1. I don't think this is just me...but also struggling with dwelling together, physically.

    At home, with three adult children and a teenager, still mourning the loss of my husband, and worried about the fourth adult child who is a nurse so on the front lines...except for when I have to go in to work when the numbers keep climbing and to quote a well known phrase "we ain't seen nothin' yet".

    Please, those of you at home, pray for peace for those of us who have to be out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, February 28, 2020

Read James 1:2-15. One of the greatest challenges I face is seeing the trials that I face as assets. It is through those trials – difficult and distressing as they may be – that my faith becomes stronger. In them I learn to trust in God’s providence and His promises. So today, instead of grumbling or bemoaning, I want to ask:   “God, what can I learn today? How can I grow?”

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Read John 15:1-17. The phrase from this passage that stands out the most to me is found in verse 15: “I no longer call you servants … instead I have called you friends.” This speaks to me of a different kind of God – a God who desires a relational connection to each of us. That echoes throughout the passage, of course, with the imagery of branches connected to the vine. But to be considered a friend of Jesus is a far more intimate image for me. As with any friendship, I need to cultivate that friendship, spending time with Him, talking to Him, listening to Him. That’s my goal today.

Friday, March 27, 2020

Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Some of the greatest wisdom is found in these verses. And some of the greatest understanding comes out of reflecting upon the question: How am I to trust God in the midst of uncertainty? How am I to completely and fully depend, not upon myself, but on the provision, the peace, and the protection of God?     How might you acknowledge God today so that the path of God might be clear for you in the days ahead?