Skip to main content

Saturday, April 11, 2020


Read 1 Samuel 3:1-11.
The Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday is often referred to  as Silent Saturday. It is silent because it seems as if God is not speaking. It seems as if God is not doing anything. It seems as if God is dead. That may seem true from the physical eye, but to the spiritual eye, nothing could be farther from the truth. As the Lord called Samuel to be a mighty prophet of the Lord, so the Lord is calling you. He is speaking to you, even when all things seem to be silent. God is speaking to you, even when the world around us has come to a standstill.   

What the Lord said to Samuel He also says to you: See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle (vs.  11). What does that look like in your life? How might the empty tomb be realized as the power of God about to be released into your life?  

Comments

  1. The Lord says: See, in the midst of a pandemic I have yet restored you to life.

    Tomorrow is not promised, but today I am here and can praise God and let Him fill me with renewed purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, February 28, 2020

Read James 1:2-15. One of the greatest challenges I face is seeing the trials that I face as assets. It is through those trials – difficult and distressing as they may be – that my faith becomes stronger. In them I learn to trust in God’s providence and His promises. So today, instead of grumbling or bemoaning, I want to ask:   “God, what can I learn today? How can I grow?”

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Joshua 1:1-9 How wonderful is the presence of God? Because of it, I do not need to be afraid or discouraged; rather I can be strong and have courage. Why? Because God is with me. In my walk with Christ, I need to remember that I am walking WITH Christ. He is there with me always. Sometimes, in my weakest moments, I lose sight of Him and I see all those other things that tug at me and tempt me. So today I rejoice in knowing that wherever I go today – whatever this day holds – my God goes with me.

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Read John 4:5-26.  The story of the Samaritan woman reminds me that everything in this life will eventually leave us to thirst again. The things of this life come and go. But in Jesus, our thirst is forever quenched. In Jesus, everything we need is provided. In Jesus, our lives are complete and whole. So why seek anything else? Why drink from the well of this world and be thirsty again? Come to Jesus and never thirst again.